Responsive web design simply means making websites that can adapt to the size of the screen that they are presented on. Meaning, it automatically changes to fit the device you are reading it on.
There are many benefits to this, here are the top 10.
1. You get more mobile traffic. According to research, 50% of web traffic comes from mobiles and if you don’t have a responsive website, then you are loosing prospective customers.
2. It actually works out more cost effective to have one responsive website than adding a stand alone mobile app to an already existing desktop website.
3. Having a ‘one size fits all’ website actually lowers maintenance needs and costs.
4. A mobile responsive website is faster to load and therefore you keep the attention of the person looking at it. If a website is none responsive it will take longer to load and navigate around. Remember people have short attention spans!
5. If a website is responsive, the visitor is more likely to engage and explore it, resulting in lower bounce back rates.
6. A website that looks professional on all platforms is key to converting new customers.
7. It enables easier analytical reporting as all traffic is coming from the same website.
8. SEO is improved as the content isn’t duplicated with a responsive site and therefore won’t negatively impact your search ranking.
9. First impressions are everything, if your website looks the business across all platforms, you improve the online browsing experience.
10. Improved offline browsing experience as many smartphones are HTML5 enabled, meaning the site can still be viewed without an internet connection